In this age of stress, fast work pace, digitization and fast food, the question is not whether your hair is damaged, but how much the damage is. We want to share some basic rules that can revitalize your hair with a few fine touches in your daily routine before you start losing and weakening your hair.
- Do not wet your hair frequently
When hair comes into contact with water, it swells from the inside and forces the cuticle out. Repeated wetting causes hair to curl and break.
- Appropriate shampoo selection and use
It is wrong to think that the more shampoo you use the cleaner your scalp will be. Shampoo must be applied to the scalp, not the tips of the hair strands. When hair is shampooed it runs down the hair strands and the tips are cleaned.
- Do not blow dry your hair
Press the cold air button on your dryer when drying your hair. Hot air causes serious damage to hair, causing breakage, curling and broken ends.
- Scalp cleansing and care
Scalp cleaning and care is a matter that is not taken seriously in our daily life. Scalp cleaning and care prevents clogging and inflammation of the hair follicles. Thus, hair thinning and damage is prevented. One of the most ideal methods for scalp cleansing is dandruff shampoo. It can be used even if you do not have dandruff problems.
- Combing hair
Comb your hair gently with a soft comb once per day. Do not comb your hair harshly, this will scratch the scalp and damage your hair.
- Wash your hair every 2-3 days
The best frequency for hair washing is 2-3 times a week. Your scalp produces natural oils and substances that cover every strand. These oils nourish, soften and protect your hair. During each wash, these are cleaned with the effect of the substances in the shampoo and the natural protection of your hair is eliminated.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water
Hair should be washed with warm water. Hot water damages scalp and hair by stimulating the hair follicles to produce extra oil.
- Treat Wet Hair Gently
Do not dry your hair after washing and rub it with a towel. Drying your hair gently prevents damage and enables it to dry faster.
- Do not forget to use conditioner
The outer part of hair strands becomes rough during hair washing. Conditioner smoothes hair and rebalances the pH level that was disrupted with the substances in the shampoo.
- Use Quality Hair Care Products
Avoid these components:
– Sulfates – Used in shampoos to create foam. They are strong skin irritants.
– Parabens – protective chemicals in cosmetic products. They can cause disruption in hormone function and balance.
– Phthalates – They are used for fragrance in cosmetic products. They are potential carcinogens.
– Vegetable oils – coconut, olives, jojoba, all of them have a moisturizing, strengthening effect. It also envelops and protects the hair strands.
Hydrolyzed keratin – natural protein of skin and hair. Supports and treats damaged hair strands.